The main objective of the project is to improve the efficiency of energy use in SMEs, by scaling-up commercial bank lending for Energy Efficiency investments.
The main objective of the assignment is to:
- Develop a comprehensive communication strategy
- Develop relevant communication products to support implementation of the strategy to increase awareness in Energy Efficiency and accelerate demand for Energy Efficiency financing with a special focus on industry sector, SMEs and Energy Efficiency Service Companies.
Awareness raising refers to the provision of sufficient and comprehensive information to stakeholders in Energy Efficiency and Energy Efficiency Financing sector in a frequent manner. The information must capture the attention of the target groups while constituting a sector-wide awareness.
Design and Planning of the Communication Strategy: A design phase followed the results of the research phase. G&G designed a communication strategy upon understanding and a detailed evaluation of all the target groups and their informational needs.
The communication strategy was mainly aimed at:
- To ensure that target SME’s top management will understand energy efficiency will help them reduce their production costs and enable them to increase their competitiveness,
- To deliver the messages on energy efficiency programs and applications by providing simple information for how to get started,
- To create awareness for the SMEs on the importance of various EE supporting programs and efforts and to help and encourage them to invest in EE by using the commercial lending,
- To promote the identity of GDRE (former Electrical Power Resources Survey and Development Administration) with a view to increase the SMEs’ understanding on the EE support programs and how to get started,
- To motivate unions, professional institutions/societies, Organized Industrial Zones (OIZ) and umbrella organizations to prepare educational seminars and specific projects on energy efficiency, ROI, energy accounting and energy efficiency investments funding opportunities. It might be useful to encourage unions to set-up development programs of energy efficiency with different kind of topics (e.g. energy efficiency in cooling systems, industrial furnaces etc.). Financing could be from SME enterprises, unions and equipment suppliers.